Friday 15 March 2013

March Glossybox Review

I began subscribing to GlossyBox at the beginning of the year and haven't been overly impressed with the product samples, until this month.
Usually I get sent cosmetic products in shades that really don't suit me and each box has featured a product I will use whereas this months box has been quite the opposite...


  1. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (Fragrance Free) - I was so pleased to see this in the box. I've never tried Elizabeth Arden products due to their price tag but this classic beauty product is definitely something I'll consider when I have the opportunity to splurge now that I've tried it. I tested the product in the evening to see how my skin would react and was pleased to find it didn't leave my skin feeling heavy or oily. It's an all round product (which I have been using to shape my eyebrows with over the past few days!) and I will be giving it a permanent place in my make-up bag.
  2. Juicy Couture Couture La La tester - This fragrance is pleasant but is a little musky for me to wear. I'm indifferent to this one.
  3. Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush - I LOVE this product! Having never heard of the brand previously I was so excited to try it out and it has definitely delivered. I have been sent a wonderful Cranberry shade and it gives just the right amount of bold red colour that I like to wear whilst keeping my lips moisturised. 5 stars!
  4. Nails Inc Nail Polish in St.James - Very happy with this sample, Nails Inc is never disappointing. And this shade matches the Jelly Pong Pong lip blush! It goes on easily and gives a good coverage.
  5. Tresemme Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray - This product is most certainly useful but nothing that special. It's easily accessible on the highstreet and seemed a little out of place in this box but will definitely get used.
Do you have any beauty box recommendations?

The only problem I find with beauty boxes is that I'm just adding to my already excessive collection of beauty products and cosmetics. I really need to stop flitting from one product to another and stick to one until its finished in an attempt to use some up. My only incentive is the potential storage space!

x



2 comments:

  1. I'm really envious of this month's Glossybox! I cancelled my subscription ages ago because I couldn't afford it, but I sent my Mum this one for Mother's Day- and now wish I'd got myself one too! The Lip Blush looks so lovely!
    I'm glad you finally got some products you like- hopefully Glossybox will stick to these standards from now on!
    Lovely blog :-)
    Rosie x
    www.everythingsrosieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so close to cancelling, but I'm glad I stuck it out a little longer. Fingers crossed the April box is as good!
      Thanks for your lovely comments x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read all comments and will reply as soon as I can so make sure you check back :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig