Tuesday 27 May 2014

End of Term Treats

It's the end of term again and I couldn't be happier to be facing 9 days off! I really dislike my workplace at the moment, dramatic aren't I, and to cheer myself up after a terrible few weeks of no breaks whatsoever and mean comments from co-workers, I decided to treat myself to a little summin' summin' with some of the pennies I'd saved from last months pay packet.
Fisherman jumper - Topshop £22 | Monochrome Clock Clutch bag - Primark, £4 | Tortoise shell Sunglasses - Primark, £2


My local Topshop store is actually a concession within Debenhams and usually it's a bit frustrating that you can't use gift cards in there and that they have limited stock due to size. However, when Debenhams run seasonal events, more often than not, Topshop will be involved which is a huge plus.
A few weekends back Debenhams held their annual Summer Spectacular with up to 25% off across stores on selected lines and Folkestone's Topshop concession had 20% off pretty much everything!
As I mentioned in my May wishlist post, there are a number of things sitting in my Topshop.com basket waiting for payday to come around so this meant I could get some of the items a lot cheaper. I also dipped into Primark yesterday for some cheap accessories.
I actually only bought one new thing, in Topshop, a white cropped fisherman jumper which was £22 instead of £28.
The second item I purchased was the same striped tunic dress I showed you in a previous post because, unfortunately, the dress shrunk in length after one wash. It wouldn't normally matter too much but being 5"7 means that it is now way too short to wear out, even with opaque tights. Ordinarily, I would write it off, pine for a little while and then get over it when I found my next new favourite thing but I love the dress so much that I had a feeling it wouldn't be that easy. There was one dress left in Folkestone's 'last chance to buy' section in the next size up (to compensate for any shrinking) and being discounted, I decided it must be fate so had to get it. I sold the smaller one on eBay seeing as it's only been worn once and managed to get back what I paid for the new version so I haven't really paid anything extra which is a massive bonus. Lets just hope this one lasts longer.
I also bought this really cute Love Label dress on eBay for only £7 brand new!

Love label dress - eBay, £7
(Apologies for the crazily pixelated photos, I'm yet to get a dslr!)

Its an 'old news' item but it will be perfect underneath the white jumper and is monochrome so how could I resist! When I finally get my hand on a pair of LaModa's Autumn cleated slingbacks I'll have the perfect monochrome outfit, here's hoping that I don't have to wait too long for them to come back in stock.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the sweater and the clutch bag! I'm been into the mono-graphic trend recently so both are definitely going to be on my wishlish now <3.

    xoxo,
    Patricia C.
    http://patriciacastelo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them. I'm obsessed with monochrome at the moment, need to add some colour to my wardrobe! x

      Delete
  2. The clutch is gorgeous, love it!
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks - I am going to have to pop to Primark to get that clutch bag!! xx

    www.lulabelloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it, especially for only £4 x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read all comments and will reply as soon as I can so make sure you check back :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig