Thursday 26 June 2014

Believe The Hype - Micellar Cleansing Water


    I have read so many reviews of this product since it stormed the shelves a few months back and I didn't believe it could ever live up to the hype, but boy was I wrong. 




    So what is it?
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is designed to remove make-up and impurities using micelles which act as magnets, lifting the dirt from your skin and eliminating the need to rub at your face. This product is dual-purpose, being a make-up remover and cleanser, which is absolutely ideal for those late, drunken nights or for lazy beauty lovers like myself. You simply dab some onto a cotton pad (hold for a few seconds for mascara etc) and wipe over your face... et voila! It comes in a huge 400ml bottle so should last a while.
The packaging is girly but grown up and essentially reflects the product - clean and simple.
                                                                                                                                                               
    This is quite honestly the best thing I've used in ages and is, without doubt, my new beauty must-have. I've been using it daily for a week and my skin feels fresh and completely clean with such a small amount of product and time spent. In addition to taking so little of the product to clean my face, my skin doesn't feel heavy after use like some of the cream based cleansers I've used in the past. I've mentioned before that I usually have quite oily skin and I think that this can, to some extent, be put down to the products I've been using. I have recently started trying a new foundation (I'm very excited about this BTW, I'll post about it when I get back from Italy!) so it could be a combination of the two but I'm tempted to say Micellar Water has a lot to do with it. It doesn't sting your eyes when removing make-up and is genuinely suitable for sensitive skin so does't irritate or cause redness. Being so much lighter than other cleansing products, as well as perfume and alcohol free, this seems to have stopped my face getting quite so greasy and my skin is also much clearer. I don't get a lot of spots but I do have quite an uneven skin tone and when I do get a spot, it hangs around for aaaages. Since using this I've had none. N.O.N.E. As well as not being heavy or greasy, this product is also hydrating (is there anything Micellar Water can't do?!) so doesn't make my skin feel tight or dry and uncomfortable; it's balanced out my skin-type brilliantly.
It probably helps that I've been consistent with it - I usually stop and start with facial skin products because I'm lazy and forgetful but I've used this everyday without fail, mainly because I like it so much. It's so rare for me to find a product that has instant results so I was sold after the first use and it's been maintaining that same standard ever since.

    Basically, I'm in love with this product and am looking forward to clear, flawless skin for summer! Have you tried any Micellar Water products, such as Garnier or L'Oreal? What's your verdict?

X

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying out Micellar Water recently too. I like it, it's very convenient but I always go back to my cream cleansers. Thanks for the comment on my blogpost, happy to help! I am a size 8 in topshop sizes but size 6 everywhere else. I have always found the sizes a bit too big with Rare London clothes so I picked the size 6 and it fits really well. The fabric has a slight stretch to it. As reference, I've measured my playsuit for you; Size 6 waist measures approx 26" and bust measures 32". Hope that helps :-) Give me a shout if you have any further questions xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read all comments and will reply as soon as I can so make sure you check back :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig