Wednesday 10 September 2014

Khaki Affair

If you have eyes, you'll have noticed that khaki is starting to make its way onto the highstreet again, I'm a big fan so, naturally, I've made some investments. Alongside these items fitting the seasons colour trend, they're also a nod to some summer styles that aren't budging for AW'14.

Contrast Trim Dress, New Look, £19.99
The first trend I won't be taking out of my wardrobe in autumn is sports luxe. This crepe dress is from New Look and is thin enough to wear on warmer days but also works well with a big chunky knit cardigan for those nippy evenings. The only downside to this dress is that it creases really easily, as you can tell from the photos, but despite that I do really love it. It's so casual and is fast becoming my go-to for something effortless.


I had to add these pumps in because I love them and they were a total bargain! If you're looking for a pair of chunky slip ons, get yourself down to Primark as they have a load of different colours/textures, from canvas to patent crocodile print, for just £8. Can't go wrong!

Pleated Midi Skirt in Khaki, Missguided, £19.99
Midi skirts aren't going anywhere either so this pleated skirt from Missguided is ideal. It's really thick and heavy so won't blow around in winter winds and can easily be teamed with chunky knits and shirts. I've also been wearing it with vans for a more casual look.


I've been holding off buying a midi skirt since they first stormed the fashion scene because I'm just not sure if they suit me. I'm still not sure, but I've adopted the 'to hell with it' attitude and am wearing it anyway. I love the material as it's so soft and comfy and am seriously considering getting another, in a different colour, for my winter work wardrobe.

On a massive side note, I won a Fashion Union competition last week which was run on Instagram in collaboration with beaut blogger Nicky Houghton. Unfortunately the oufit doesn't fit (massive frowny face) but I received heels, a hat and a kimono which do fit - hooray! Both the hat and cleated platform heels are featured below.


High-neck Cropped Top, Topshop, £10 | Midi Skirt, as before | Hat & Cleated Platforms Heels c/o FashionUnion
Big thanks to FashionUnion for the awesome items! I'll definitely be purchasing a coord set from them when I get paid.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read all comments and will reply as soon as I can so make sure you check back :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig