Saturday 30 August 2014

Happy Birthday To Me, From Me

As much as I hate to admit it, this month I turned 25 years old. 25! This is such an awful age for any girl because people begin to remind you of the imminent negatives that come with the big two-five - 'quarter of a century', 'half way to fifty' and 'smear tests' are some of the phrases to have reared their ugly heads in my birthday cards this year and I grimaced with the opening of each envelope. It's the horrifying realisations that (trust me) everyone is so keen to remind you of that make you want to cancel your birthday full stop and never utter a word of its existence to another human being, but that kind of comes with the territory of hitting those dreaded mid 20's.
So, since being a proper grown-up is so terrible I decided to treat myself to a few things to make turning 25 that little bit easier...
Estee Lauder - £29.50
I've been after Double Wear for ages. I think I must have gone to about four different Estee Lauder counters to find the right shade (never one to throw £30 at a product on a whim!) and I'm still not sure I've got the right one. Once my skin has returned to it's usual milk bottle shade I'm sure this will be fine. Regardless, it definitely lives up to the hype and stays put all day. AND it's the only foundation I have ever used that keeps my skin from getting oily and shiny throughout the day. GOD SEND. In addition to all of these glorious benefits it lasts so long! I know this from the samples I've used as one tiny bottle has lasted me since May and I use it daily.
Public Desire - £24.99
 I'm finally in the cleated shoe gang. Being 5"7, these make me a giant but I love them. They're a bit roomy on the top of my foot too but, like I said, I love them so they're not going anywhere.
It doesn't seem like there has been much treating going on, does it. I have quite a few new clothes to post up yet and I think this could be the beginning of a bit of a treat bender. The treating continues... Watch this space.

X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read all comments and will reply as soon as I can so make sure you check back :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig