Monday 15 June 2015

Lash Out


Every now and then I indulge in getting semi-permanent lashes. My friend is a beautician and she does beauty treatments at home at a much cheaper rate than salons so I get cluster lashes done when I go away for a weekend or if I've got a lot of early starts coming up so that I don't have to take make-up in hand luggage or get up extra early to put make-up on. No mascara, no fiddling around with strip lashes, they're a dream.
The only problem is that, when they come off, I'm left with very brittle, broken and gappy lashes that are impossible to do anything with as they just stick straight and look very worse for wear. This is partly my own fault as I have been known to pick at them when they start coming out rather than using the proper remover to dissolve the glue. What can I say, I'm a lash picker, always have been, always will be.

I bought some Mavala Double Lash on feelunique.com a while back to see if it would help. The idea is that you put it on your lashes every night before bed to condition and stimulate growth. I could definitely do with a bit of that, who doesn't want luscious, long and thick lashes!
So I decided to put it to the test. There are a few similar products on the market ranging from £5.00 to over £100 but I didn't want to spend a bomb just in case it didn't work.

I've been putting this on over night every night since my last set of lashes came off about 2weeks ago and I do think it's made a difference. My lashes didn't take anywhere near as long to return to a decent state after the fakes had come off, in fact they were back to being curl-able and looked decent with a few licks of mascara after the first go whereas usually they take over a week to return to a semi cooperative state. They also seem to be much stronger and a bit longer/thicker. Using a product like this also prompts me to remove my make up properly every night, which I must admit I have a really bad habit of not doing.
It may be coincidence, but I find that I tend to wear less mascara now that they in better condition as they don't droop as the day progresses and look much fuller with just two light coats of cheap mascara than ever before.
All in all I'm a big fan of this product and at around £10 online and £13 in stores, I would recommend it as a fair priced solution to thin, brittle or ill-conditioned lashes. If you wear semi-permanent lashes every once and while, I would definitely recommend this to banish those post-falsie issues.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read all comments and will reply as soon as I can so make sure you check back :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig